From the article on Daily Mail: Immigrant, 15, raped a five-year-old boy in a bathroom and threatened to ‘break him into pieces’ just months after arriving in Britain
A 15-year-old immigrant raped a five-year-old boy in his bathroom before threatening he would ‘break him into pieces’ if he told anyone.
The teenager, who cannot be named, forced the boy to perform a sex act just months after arriving in the UK from Europe to be with his father because his mother was ‘struggling to bring him up’, the court heard.
At Derbyshire Youth Court on Friday the 15-year-old admitted rape and was given a three year youth rehabilitation order.
The victim told his mother about the day after the attack in Derby on October 30 last year and the 15-year-old was arrested.
Sentencing, Judge Jonathan Bennett said: ‘This was a very unpleasant offence against a young boy and experts will want to work with you to ensure this will never be repeated again.
‘There are a number of troubling issues I have read about you in your background and if I was sentencing an adult for an offence as serious as this they would receive a very substantial period in prison.
‘However, this does not apply to you as a youth and there are different guidelines for someone your age.
Mr Aspen said the victim’s mother then sent a text message to the teenager’s father telling him she was going to the police.
Both the offender and the victim were interviewed about the allegation, which the teen admitted had taken place.
In his interview through an interpreter, the rapist told officers: ‘I have been bad,’ and he admitted he carried out the rape on the young boy.
He was handed a six-month curfew confining him to his home address in Normanton between 7pm and 6am each day for the first two months.
He was also handed a five-year sexual harm prevention order forbidding him to have unsupervised contact with anyone aged under 13 without their parent or guardian’s consent.